Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking account common questions
Compare our checking account
Purpose of account>Bank account used for everyday spending>Earmarked for long term growth and retirement savings>Investing>
Fees>No fees to open and maintain your account>No fees to open and maintain your account>No fees to open and maintain your account>
Taxes>No taxes incurred>Specific tax benefits, depending on the IRA you choose>More flexibility, based on what you sell. Must typically claim any capital gains as taxable income>
Contribution limits>No restrictions on the dollar amount you can contribute>Has contribution limits, and certain eligibility requirements>No restrictions on the dollar amount you can invest>
Withdrawal rules>No limit to when or how often you can access your money>
About the Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking® account
What's in it for me?
- Are there any monthly service fees for my High Yield Investor Checking account or my linked Schwab One brokerage account?
- Are there minimum balance requirements?
- Is this a fixed interest rate on the High Yield Investor Checking account or will it change?
- Is the money in my High Yield Investor Checking account FDIC-insured?
- If I open a Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking account, what can I expect to receive?
About ATM usage
- Does my High Yield Investor Checking account come with a debit card?
- Do I pay ATM fees?
- How do I receive the ATM fee rebates for my ATM withdrawals?
About Schwab Bank Visa Platinum Debit Card
- How do I dispute a transaction made on my debit card?
- Is the debit card secure?
- Can I use my debit card to make purchases?
- Does the debit card have smart chip technology?
About contactless payments
Ready to get started?
- What are contactless payments?
- How do I get a contactless Schwab Bank Visa Platinum Debit Card?
- Can I still use my current debit card while waiting for my new contactless card?
- How do I know if my Schwab Bank Visa Platinum Debit Card is a contactless-enabled card?
- What are the benefits of contactless payments?
- How does using my contactless card compare/differ from using my Schwab Bank Visa Platinum Debit Card in my mobile wallet7, like Apple Pay or Google Pay8?
- Are contactless payments safe?
About mobile wallets
- What is a mobile wallet?
- Are these mobile wallets safe to use?
- Are they easy to use?
- How do I add my Schwab Bank debit card?
About online services
- Can I manage my High Yield Investor Checking account online at Schwab.com?⁵
- Do you offer a free way to pay my bills online?
- Can I get paperless statements?
About check writing
- Do I have to pay for checks?
- Is there a limit to how many checks I can write?
- I had check writing, Bill Pay, and a debit card on my Schwab One brokerage account. What happens to that now that I have a Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking account?
- Are online check copies available?
- Is direct deposit required for my High Yield Investor Checking account?
- How do I make deposits with my smartphone?