New investors, get a head start with the Schwab Starter Kit™.
Open and fund your account and get $50 from Schwab to split across the top five stocks in the S&P 500®, plus education and tools to help you take the next step.
Learn more about how the top five stock slices are determined.
- Learn more about how the top five stock slices are determined.
What's inside the Schwab Starter Kit?
$50 of Schwab Stock Slices™
Get $50 and an easy way to buy $10 Tooltip of the top five stocks by market cap in the S&P 500.
Unlock short videos and step-by-step guides
Tools and resources
Easy-to-use tools and budget planners, plus investment professionals on standby 24/7 if you ever have a question.
It's easy to get started.
StepBecome a Schwab client
Open an account using the button below to enroll in the offer. It only takes about 10 minutes, and we will guide you through the process. Once enrolled, check out our education content, tools, and resources.
StepFund your account
Fund your account with a minimum of $50 within 30 days of opening the account to qualify.
StepGet your Schwab Stock Slices
Once funded, Schwab will deposit $50 in your account to purchase your stock slices. We'll notify you when your orders are placed.
Ready to start investing?
Questions you might have for us.
- What is Schwab Stock Slices?
- What’s a fractional share?
- What is the S&P 500® and what does market capitalization (market cap) mean?
- Is Schwab recommending everyone should invest in the top 5 stocks in the S&P 500?
- Do fractional shares pay dividends?
- How do I get and when will I receive my $50 in Schwab Stock Slices?
- Can I cancel the stock order?
- What if I don't want the $50 of fractional shares?
- Can I get the order more than once by going to schwab.com or the Schwab mobile app?
- What are the full Terms and Conditions?